What is the school-based model of SYEP?
The school-based model is designed to utilize the SYEP platform to strengthen the connection between academic learning and summer career exploration through partnerships with Career & Technical Education (“CTE”) schools. With these specializations in mind, we tailor our job development towards these specific tracks so that students can gain real world experience relevant to their studies.
Who is eligible for the school-based model?
- Students enrolled in Bronx International and Morris Academy
- Ages 14-21
*If you are 14-15 and meet the above criteria, please refer back to the SYEP tab and visit the “Younger Youth” page. While you will still participate in enrollment, 10 hours of orientation and job placement through your school, you will participate in project-based learning rather than a traditional job.
*If you are 16-21 and meet the above criteria, please refer back to the SYEP tab and visit the “Older Youth” page. Be sure to review the additional the school-based benefits listed below.
What are the benefits?
- Exempt from the general SYEP lottery (automatically get selected)
- Gain job experience relevant to academic studies and career track
- Participate in enrollment, orientation and job placement all at school
- Gain additional job readiness training: 10 hours for 14-15 year olds, and 15 hours for 16-21 year olds
- Work up to 25 hours per week at $15/hour
For further information, contact the School-Based Coordinator:
School-Based Coordinator: Rosemary Ferrer
Address: Bronx International & Morris Academy, 1100 Boston Road, Bronx, NY,10456