The Learn & Earn program (formerly known as In-School Youth program) provides career and education guidance, work readiness skills development and tutoring to eligible high school Juniors and Seniors who make a commitment to participate in our services for up to three years. Students in their junior year develop their skill set and begin college exploration to prepare for the college application process the following school year. Other services include leadership development, summer employment, service learning projects and assistance with the college admissions process.
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Interview Skills and SAT Prep
- Financial Literacy and College Application Assistance
- Public Speaking Skills
- Service Learning Projects and Leadership Development Activities
AM I ELIGIBLE?
You may be eligible if you can answer yes to these questions:
- Are you between 16 – 21 years old?
- Are you a NYC high school junior or senior?
- Do you meet one of these requirements?
- Do you receive cash assistance or SNAP, or are you a member of a household that receives cash assistance or SNAP?
- Are you homeless?
- Are you a foster care youth?
- If you do not meet one of these requirements, Learn & Earn will look at your income to see if you are eligible. You can use ACCESS NYC to screen and see if you may qualify.
WHAT WILL I NEED TO APPLY?
To apply for Learn & Earn, you will need to prove the following:
- Your identity and date of birth
- Where you live
- Your family’s income
For further information, contact Learn and Earn Program Director:
Program Director: Dawn Barbato
Phone: 718-420-2100 ext.1144
Address: 85 Saint Joseph’s Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10302
United Activities Unlimited is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids United and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. TDD/TTY# 800-662-1220