UAU welcomes businesses from all industries to become a worksite for WLG participants. We strive to serve the various career interests of our participants, while providing local businesses with free assistance. If you are a business interested in working with WLG interns, please review the process outlined below:
- We begin worksite recruitment at the end of summer. Worksites must fill out a short application with basic information about their business and a short job description for prospective WLG participants.
- The NYC Department of Youth & Community Development (DYCD) reviews the application to ensure that the information is in accord with their rules and regulations.
- Upon DYCD approval, a UAU representative visits the worksite in person to assess the facility and meet with a worksite representative.
- Enrollment begins in early fall. Once participants are enrolled and complete orientation, UAU staff meets with each participant one-on-one to assess their interests and skill sets and assign them to a worksite accordingly. This process happens on a rolling basis, so worksites should expect to receive their roster on a rolling basis leading up to the start of the program.
- UAU provides 5 hours of general orientation/work readiness training. Worksites should be prepared to give basic on-the-job training respective to participant’s specific duties.
From there, participants can provide 10 hours per week of assistance to your business!