The Ladder for Leaders Program connects high achieving and more experienced youth (age 16 to 21), with paid professional internships that closely match youth interest and areas of study. The Ladders for Leaders program is a nationally recognized program and has been cited by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation as a model program for connecting qualified youth to professional internships. Ladders for Leaders offers high school and college students the opportunity to participate in paid professional summer internships with leading corporations, non-profit organizations and government agencies in New York City. This program helps youth transition to the professional world of work by giving them opportunities to practice their job-seeking skills, network and make connections in their fields of interest, further develop their skills and work experiences, and take part in more advanced internships that provide insight into long-term career choices.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- High school and college students ages 16-22
- New York City resident
- Prior work or volunteer experience
- Cumulative GPA of at least 80 or 3.0
What are the benefits?
- Be a part of a nationally recognized program
- Gain paid experience through professional summer internships with leading companies
- Participate in a unique experience to explore interests and discover new ones
- Benefit from 20+ hours of pre-employment training and the opportunity to join our growing alumni network
- Exclusive access to workshops assisting with critical skills such as resume boosting, mock interviews, entrepreneurship, college exploration and personal finance
- Our previous participants used this experience to launch their careers as Accountants, Project Managers, Financial Analysts, Structural Engineers and Investment Bankers
- Take advantage of our growing network with new career fields and more subject matter experts
- Our business portfolio includes internships at prestigious companies such as AOL, Citibank, Pandora, KPMG and many more.
- Work up to 25 hours per week at $15/hour
For further information, contact the Program Coordinator:
Program Coordinator: Nicole Lomonaco
Office Number: 929-314-5585
Address: 278 New Dorp Lane, 2nd Fl. Staten Island, NY 10306