UAU provides services to at-risk youth facing barriers in their life besides employment. At-risk youth are exempt from the lottery system (automatically get selected), and receive wrap around services and support to address the barriers that they face. Wrap around services are related to housing, mental health, education, childcare, access to public assistance. More specifically, examples of services include:
- Job-readiness workshops
- Financial literacy workshops
- Job placement and retention services
- Assistance with obtaining public benefits and addressing civil legal needs
- Linkages to a network of support and treatment providers across New York City
What are eligibility requirements?
- Ages 14-24
- New York City resident
- Have one or more of the following barriers:
- Justice involved
- In foster care system
- Receiving HRA services- Cash Assistance 17+ or on caseload of a parent
- Receiving services from ACS
- Enrolled in a District 75, District 79 School
- Reside in the NYCHA Stapleton houses
- Reside in the NYCHA West Brighton houses
*If you are 14-15 and meet the above criteria, please refer back to the SYEP tab and visit the “Younger Youth” page for further detail.
*If you are 16-24 and meet the above criteria, please refer back to the SYEP tab and visit “Older Youth” page for further detail.
For further information, contact the Program Coordinator:
Program Coordinator: Rasheeda Edmonds
1254 Castleton Ave, C
Staten Island, NY 10310