The Train & Earn program (formerly known as the Out-of-School Youth program) provides contextualized career training, education guidance, work readiness skills development, internship, wrap around services for support (housing, mental health, public assistance, childcare, education), and a guaranteed job upon completion of the program. Our 14-week training program prepares people for a career in environmental services through classroom training, followed by a 6-week hands-on experience in a professional environment.
Find out how in 10 weeks you can get certified as a food handler, a retail specialist, or a healthcare worker, get hands on training and a job in the field. At the end of the program, we’ll also help you find a job in the field and you can take advantage of free advanced trainings through the City University of New York.
Am I Eligible?
You may be eligible if you can answer yes to these questions:
- Are you between 16 – 24 years old?
- Do you meet one of these requirements?
- Do you receive cash assistance or SNAP, or are you a member of a household that receives cash assistance or SNAP?
- Are you homeless?
- Are you a foster care youth?
- Are you a parent?
- Do you have an IEP?
- If you do not meet one of these requirements, Train & Earn will look at your income to see if you are eligible. You can use ACCESS NYC to screen and see if you may qualify.
What Will I Need To Apply?
To apply for Learn & Earn, you will need to prove the following:
- Your identity and date of birth
- Where you live
- Your family’s income
Apply Today: https://tinyurl.com/uaujobs
For further information contact Train & Earn Program Director:
Program Director: Victor Tucker
Address: 15 William ST Staten Island, NY 10304
United Activities Unlimited is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids United and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. TTY# 800-662-1220